Tuesday, March 9, 2010

List of things that make you happiest in your work...

Surprisingly, this is an easy one for the work I do now, because I love my job... But years ago, I don't think this list would have been as easy to create. I've come a long way in my career, I never dreamed I'd be teaching computers, teaching was never on my radar. Funny how life is!


  • I love the work I do.
  • I love helping people, teaching new skills.
  • Flexibility - being able to work from home when I need to.
  • The people I work for/with.
  • Laughter at work.
  • Meeting new people all the time.
  • Sharing my knowledge.
  • Able to express my creativity and new ideas.
  • Never gets dull.
  • Watching students' reactions when they finally get it.
  • Finding ways to save time.
  • Creating documents, newsletters, handouts, a great way to be creative.
  • Supportive atmosphere.
  • Casual, laid back, I do my work and no one is micro-managing me.


I have been very fortunate with my work of late. I'd have to say for the past 10 years, being a software trainer has suited me just fine! What a nice feeling! I hope to always feel this way about my work, after all, I certainly spend a lot of time on it!

No comments: