Sunday, March 7, 2010

List of Things You Are Happy About in Your Home Environment

What makes me happy in my home environment? 
  • Looking at my house on the outside, green siding, dark green shutters and red brick. 
  • The big front porch, especially when all the furniture is out, the candles are lit and I am surrounded by friends on a warm summer's night. 
  • The oak woodwork and trim.
  • The beveled glass door in the foyer, beautiful!
  • The diamond paned windows in the foyer. 
  • The windows we "discovered" that were covered up in the walls. 
  • My budget decor window treatments that match my furniture. 
  • Throw pillows and blankets for naps on the couch. 
  • My nice big desk (albeit cluttered and messy).
  • Pictures of my family.
  • The nice big kitchen (the room that when I walked into it the first time, I knew this was "the house").
  • Grandma's vintage opalescent lustreware porcelain cannisters. I have loved these since I was a child and I am extremely happy to have them on display. 
  • The cool brass corner pieces on hardwood oak steps. 
  • The huge mirror at the bottom of the steps.
  • The neat arch at the bottom of the steps. 
  • The color of our bathroom and the space we have now that it's remodeled.
  • The whirlpool bath.
  • Our big bedroom.
  • The corner eaves in each room upstairs that give so much character. 
  • The skinny closet in the hallway.
  • The laundry chute!





No comments: