Thursday, March 11, 2010

List of things that you think will make you happy...

Ah... now this is an interesting list! It's focuses on thinking about the future, and really aren't we supposed to live in the present? What control do we have over the future anyhow? We have hope, and wishes and dreams but our happiness really needs to be now. 

But I do dream of things that might add to my happiness, but I don't really look at them as THE answer, because really, I am happy now...But for what it's worth, there are a few things I'd like to see come to be....

  • My girls finishing college and finding satisfying careers.
  • The girls marrying men that will treat them well, take care of them, support and be there for them like Walt has been for me. 
  • Losing all this unhealthy weight would definitely add to my happiness... 
  • Being more active and feeling better would make me smile more! 
  • Paying off debt won't make me "happy" but certainly will feel wonderful! 
  • Moving to a new home (although I will really miss this one). I long for the "perfect" home and right now, I can't really even say where that might be... but I am ready for change. 
  • Continued growth in my career, again, happy now, but always wanting to grow. 
  • Here's one that I look forward to... being a grandparent (yes, I can wait)!
This list is a short one, because like I said, I am pretty content right now! What a nice place to be...




No comments: